About this dish
This is Patrick's favourite raita. The onions in this raita are crunchy and the sourness of the yoghurt almost pickles the onions to mellow their sharpness and sweeten them further. Ginger adds a wonderful warmth and deliciousness to the mix. All in all, a must-try combination. This is the perfect side dish to make with biryani or pulao, tandoori dishes or anything for that matter. But if you're making biryani, you must make this raita to go with it.
- 1 cup or 250ml yoghurt or dahi
- 1/2 or 45g onion
- 8g ginger
- 1 green chilli
- 5-6 sprigs coriander
- 1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp or to taste salt
- Finely chop the coriander. De-seed and finely chop the green chilli.
- Finely grate the ginger and chop the onion in chunky slices.
- Whisk the yoghurt together with the salt and roasted cumin powder.
- Add the chopped coriander, chilli, onions and the ginger paste and mix well.
Ideally rest the raita in the fridge for 30 mins before serving to let all the flavours combine. Enjoy!
This recipe makes two small side dish portions, but since this raita is so good, we recommend doubling or tripling this recipe for most enjoyment.